Re: Short visit in DV
Posted by Richard on July 07, 2003 at 13:03:48:
In Reply to: Short visit in DV posted by Bandi on July 07, 2003 at 03:45:24:
1. For siz persons and luggage, you will need a large cargo van to be comfortable - not a mini-van or sport utility. Look for a GM Savana, Ford Econoline or similar.
2. One day is not much time in Death Valley. The most central location is Furnace Creek. See their web page at http://www.furnacecreekresort.com/
3. I know of no tour or guide service within Death Valley. There are tours that originate in Las Vegas about 200 km away. By staying at Furnace Creek, you will be near the following sites that will give you an introduction to Death Valley:
a. Furnace Creek Visitors Center
If you start early, you can drive to all of the above in one day. See the official web site of Death Valley at http://www.nps.gov/deva/
4. Your route is too complex to answer easily. Obtain highway maps of the areas. All major American highways will be well maintained and drivable.
5. I do not know if there is a Yosemite chat forum.
Good luck and enjoy your visit.