Welcome to the Forum
  • Welcome Message +

Dear friends,The old DVTalk campsite served us well since 2001. Over time, however, our one-of a-kind, custom programmed message board has become archaic and cumbersome, and it lacks the standard features of other, more contemporary message boards. Therefore, the time has come to move DVTalk to a more modern, better equipped campsite. All visitors wishing to post must register. If you were previously a registered user of DVTalk, we transferred your DVTalk Nickname and the email address that you used as your Login Name -- but not your password. Therefore, you must either reset your password, or register a new account Read More

Death Valley December 2017 Trip Reports

More
2 months 5 days ago #900 by RichardK
RichardK replied the topic: Death Valley December 2017 Trip Reports
I love your reports. They give me ideas for future hikes. Thank you for posting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #899 by Kauri
Kauri replied the topic: Death Valley December 2017 Trip Reports
Thanks! Although I rarely get comments on the reports, my website gets increased visitation, so I know they're being read.

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #890 by David_Bricker
David_Bricker replied the topic: Death Valley December 2017 Trip Reports
Thanks for the trips reports. I appreciate the effort in writing them up.

David Bricker / SYR - DCA

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #885 by Kauri
Kauri created the topic: Death Valley December 2017 Trip Reports
I have just posted the first two trip reports from our December 2017 Death Valley trip:

1. "Balancing Rock Canyon" (canyon just south of Artists Drive First Dip Canyon, and north of Brimstone Canyon), in the Black Mountains.

kaurijacobphotography.yolasite.com/resou...OfBrimstonePart1.pdf
kaurijacobphotography.yolasite.com/resou...OfBrimstonePart2.pdf

2. Minor drainage two north of Artists Palette (just south of Desolation Canyon), in the Black Mountains.

kaurijacobphotography.yolasite.com/resou...onArtistsPalette.pdf

Due to a busy graduate school schedule, I probably won't have time to write up the other five reports until next summer:

3. Lower King Midas Canyon (below the old mule trail), in the Funeral Mountains.
4. Views from north of Borax Benchmark, in the Black Mountains.
5. Upper part of the canyon just north of Echo Canyon, in the Funeral Mountains.
6. Keane Wonder Bridge and Cyty's Mill, in the Funeral Mountains.
7. Hellfire Canyon, in the Black Mountains (in more detail).