Welcome to the Forum
  • Welcome Message +

Dear friends,The old DVTalk campsite served us well since 2001. Over time, however, our one-of a-kind, custom programmed message board has become archaic and cumbersome, and it lacks the standard features of other, more contemporary message boards. Therefore, the time has come to move DVTalk to a more modern, better equipped campsite. All visitors wishing to post must register. If you were previously a registered user of DVTalk, we transferred your DVTalk Nickname and the email address that you used as your Login Name -- but not your password. Therefore, you must either reset your password, or register a new account Read More

Butte Valley

• Ptk
  • Ptk's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 months 4 days ago #1317 by Ptk
Ptk replied the topic: Butte Valley
Didn’t make it into the valley on this trip.
I was tempted to go around the road closure sign on 178 at Shoshone but common sense prevailed.
I’m assuming 178 is still closed.
Noticed that their were still a lot of indications of flooding on 127 between Baker and Tecopa..
Loose and packed sand across the road at several locations.
Also noticed that many of the small trails on the west side of 127, near Dumont Dunes, were severely eroded or MIA altogether.
Some locals advised that it was not a good idea to venture too far out until the county regrades the internal roads/trails, supposedly late this year or early next.
I wasn’t aware that the county graded the trails that far out, but the advise sounded valid.
No idea at all of the condition of Goler Wash into Butte Valley.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
2 months 6 days ago #1316 by David_Bricker
David_Bricker replied the topic: Butte Valley
Were you able to get out there?

Sorry I didn't see this earlier, though I didn't have any additional info on road conditions. We were in the area at the beginning of October. But, due to road closures, we were unable to get to PSR from the west, and had to detour far to the north to get to Las Vegas at the end of our trip.

David Bricker / SYR

• Ptk
More
3 months 13 hours ago #1314 by Ptk
Thanks again for the speedy response and info.
Also many, many thanks for your service.
Our flag will definitely be flying on November 11.
Take care of yourself, hope you make the parade, and of course, GBA!

More
3 months 16 hours ago #1313 by sunvalleyjoe
sunvalleyjoe replied the topic: Butte Valley
my friends in independence and Darwin , Say most of the roads are gone. if you want to get to Ballarat and PSR you have to come ion from Ridgecrest. That was about a week ago. As far as Tecopa my health is fading so have to stay close to Reno and VA hospital.We sure miss the tecopa area in the fall good luck and GBA!! Remember Veterans day Nov 11 th going to try to make the parade. J oe Dav

• Ptk
More
3 months 17 hours ago - 3 months 17 hours ago #1312 by Ptk
Thanks for the info.
Any idea on Goler Wash Road via Ballarat?
Also, as I recall, about a year or so ago, I offered you and yours dinner, lunch or drinks in Shoshone.
I live in Northern Illinois, but try to make it to Tecopa/DV at least once a year.
Let me know the next time you’re in the area.
If by the luck of the draw I’m planning for a trip at the same time we can try to connect.
Last Edit: 3 months 17 hours ago by Ptk. Reason: Typo

More
3 months 20 hours ago #1309 by sunvalleyjoe
sunvalleyjoe replied the topic: Butte Valley
goggle report says only major open road is from Ridgecrest to PSR looks like no open roads on east side of dv..