Welcome to the Forum
  • Welcome Message +

Dear friends,The old DVTalk campsite served us well since 2001. Over time, however, our one-of a-kind, custom programmed message board has become archaic and cumbersome, and it lacks the standard features of other, more contemporary message boards. Therefore, the time has come to move DVTalk to a more modern, better equipped campsite. All visitors wishing to post must register. If you were previously a registered user of DVTalk, we transferred your DVTalk Nickname and the email address that you used as your Login Name -- but not your password. Therefore, you must either reset your password, or register a new account Read More

south pass

• sunvalleyjoe
  • sunvalleyjoe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
3 months 1 week ago #1201 by sunvalleyjoe
sunvalleyjoe replied the topic: south pass
when i was in DV my wife in Reno called me. We had 18'' in day and half . The snow blower was out of gas so neighbors shoveled driveway and deck to help her out. I did drive around Keeler but saw no one to ask directions.We had mini Blizzard in Independence for a day.Darwin was cold as hell and blowing snow. Guess Noah lucked out. Bishop had over a foot really slowed down the skiers going to Mammoth. GBA!!!SVJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
3 months 1 week ago #1200 by David_Bricker
David_Bricker replied the topic: south pass
Glad you made it home safe.. I've been watching the reports on 392, and the amount of snow, especially north of Bishop.

Noah was supposed to get snow, but it ended up never coming.

We, on the other hand, had 44" in 18 hours two weeks ago, and 6" two nights ago, 10" last night, and 4" tonight. I'm pretty much done with snow for this year, though the temps have been tolerable - not much below the upper teens.

Except Punksatawny Phil saw his shadow today. How, I have no idea, since it's been full cloudy for the last week.

David Bricker / SYR

• sunvalleyjoe
  • sunvalleyjoe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
3 months 1 week ago #1199 by sunvalleyjoe
sunvalleyjoe created the topic: south pass
made it to hunter mt turn off before the snow came. Had a good trip put too many people do not yield to up hill vehicles. Twice I had to stop for down hill traffic. Had a hell of a time getting traction to go over the pass snow was about 16 inches did not need to chain up. The next day snow was deep at box car cabin. Bishop had a foot of snow. 395 between Bishop and Calif state line is and has been closed for 5 days. Had to come back to Reno thru Nevada and Montgomery pass. Hope no one got stuck on N pass lots of snow.SVJ