Welcome to the Forum
  • Welcome Message +

Dear friends,The old DVTalk campsite served us well since 2001. Over time, however, our one-of a-kind, custom programmed message board has become archaic and cumbersome, and it lacks the standard features of other, more contemporary message boards. Therefore, the time has come to move DVTalk to a more modern, better equipped campsite. All visitors wishing to post must register. If you were previously a registered user of DVTalk, we transferred your DVTalk Nickname and the email address that you used as your Login Name -- but not your password. Therefore, you must either reset your password, or register a new account Read More

Trip report: Cottonwood Can, Warm Spring Rd., Goler Wash, Titus Can.

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #1302 by sunvalleyjoe
sunvalleyjoe replied the topic: Trip report: Cottonwood Can, Warm Spring Rd., Goler Wash, Titus Can.
sounds like you had a great time. almost made same trip in 1974 in vw baja bug w 2 labs and camping gear good old days. yes these Subaru and suv make it look so easy on tv ads but no ground clearance. only winch i had in baja bug was a come along and 2 pieces of ply wood tied on the roof for sand. GBA SVJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• xjgary
  • xjgary's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 months 2 days ago #1301 by xjgary
xjgary created the topic: Trip report: Cottonwood Can, Warm Spring Rd., Goler Wash, Titus Can.
In November 2021 We had a few Jeeps on a trip through Titus Canyon ( easy in a Jeep w 4wd, but I saw an unhappy Subaru driver.), then up Cottonwood. Lots of deep sand and whoop de doos, but easy in a lifted Jeep. Then up Warm Springs Rd.
Lower Warm Springs was the worst I had ever seen it due to erosion making some big holes. It was easy with the Jeeps. Once out of the valley floor it got back to normal. I encountered lifted Tayoto Tacos that seemed to be doing fine. also. But I would not go there in a AWD SUV! In the past, there was a hard section between Butte Valley and Carl Mengel's grave/Mengel Pass. The big rocks were still there, but the tight off-camber corner had washed out, making it much easier. Goler Wash was easy. We even had a flock of Big Horn Sheep cross right in front of us!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.