Welcome to the Forum
  • Welcome Message +

Dear friends,The old DVTalk campsite served us well since 2001. Over time, however, our one-of a-kind, custom programmed message board has become archaic and cumbersome, and it lacks the standard features of other, more contemporary message boards. Therefore, the time has come to move DVTalk to a more modern, better equipped campsite. All visitors wishing to post must register. If you were previously a registered user of DVTalk, we transferred your DVTalk Nickname and the email address that you used as your Login Name -- but not your password. Therefore, you must either reset your password, or register a new account Read More

New Users - Please Introduce Yourselves

• David_Bricker
  • David_Bricker's Avatar Topic Author
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
1 year 2 months ago #1247 by David_Bricker
David_Bricker replied the topic: New Users - Please Introduce Yourselves
Welcome to the group, Laura;

Where in Panamint are you talking about, when referring to that hammock?

Yes, Ballarat has new caretakers, and they are doing some decent fixing up to the place. Restrooms are actually usable, and the general store has a few things now for sale. I don't have contact info for the folks, but I'll see if I can dig up an email, if they have one. Rocky is doing well, now living in Trona.

David Bricker / SYR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #1239 by lauralippay
lauralippay replied the topic: New Users - Please Introduce Yourselves
Hi Death Valley Talkers!

I was out in CA for a few decades, and Death Valley was my getaway spot to go explore and hang by myself. I'm back on the east coast where I grew up now, and miss Death Valley dearly. One of my favorite memories of all time was sleeping in that hammock over the trickly stream behind the Panamint bar listening to the coyotes all night, before heading off to the little oasis at sunrise a couple years back.

I heard last year that the owners of Ballarat were making some changes, and I was hoping to get in touch with them. Does anyone know who that is and how I can reach them?

Much thanks in advance, folks. I look forward to getting back out there again one day.

More
1 year 4 months ago #1209 by sunvalleyjoe
sunvalleyjoe replied the topic: New Users - Please Introduce Yourselves
we all make mistakes Dave ha ha money pit how are things. Heading back to DV when done with VA app. BTW finally found Hunter Cabin in the snow storm 2 weeks ago. S pass was a complete white out. Regards to Noah

• David_Bricker
  • David_Bricker's Avatar Topic Author
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
1 year 4 months ago #1208 by David_Bricker
David_Bricker replied the topic: New Users - Please Introduce Yourselves
Grzldvt;

Welcome to the group! There is not a lot of traffic here, but there is still some good knowledge. We love hearing about trip reports and interesting finds.

David Bricker / SYR

More
1 year 4 months ago #1207 by Grzldvt
Grzldvt replied the topic: New Users - Please Introduce Yourselves
New User here, been exploring DV for many years, and stumbled across this site. I live in San Jose but always come to DV in the spring.and the fall. I generally find some unique places to go running,
Dave Bricker contact me - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
1 year 5 months ago #1204 by sunvalleyjoe
sunvalleyjoe replied the topic: New Users - Please Introduce Yourselves
will give my friends a call when I can. I know they are having rain today. They are going to try for s pass and hunter mt. but not sure if they have left or waiting for weather to get better.SVJ